Birthdays are usually memorable days for kids as it could be for the elderly ones too. Kids always want to play and enjoy great meals and fun in the company of their friends and loved ones. Care must however be taken so the fun and party days don’t leave bad memories everyone would want to forget early enough because of how terrible they could be. Choices of children’s play in a birthday has to be closely watched to be sure they are safe. In fact, it has been recorded that not all children birthday activities are safe as expected anymore as more and more of them that are bringing devastating consequences keep getting exposed. Such is the case with bounce houses.
Bounce houses are usually regarded as safe, giant and inflatable trampoline-like structure that keeps kid entertained in birthday parties. However, it has been exposed that the toy home could come with very serious unseen risks to the children that play in them.
After a birthday party attended by her, Brenda Sanderson discovered that her ten-year-old son started having burn-like appearances on his skin. She wasn’t too worried at first, believing it could have been the result of heat from the bounce house plastic and jumpers. But the sore became worse with pus in them.
She was however proven wrong when the doctor revealed to her something really shocking about her kid’s situation. She could never imagine such a thing. The boy has contacted a staph infection!
The doctor explained that the severe staph infection has been the cause of the terrible sores on the boy’s skin because the bounce house wasn’t properly cleaned. This means that after 100s and thousands of sweaty kids have played on the toy house, they have not been disinfected, thus they have grown a deadly staph infection which could as well result in the boy’s death if not properly managed. The bounce house was likened to a gym or wrestling mat which after a lot of people have used them require being properly taken care of to avoid bacterial infections.
Although bounce houses are usually inspected before being rented for birthday parties and other kids’ parties, cleanliness is probably not part of the inspection as only the inflatable parts are kept sanitize by owners. This therefore is a wakeup call to every parents to ensure that their kids are protected from infections and possible dangers from the use of such toys, especially in public places.